Pages

November 8, 2014

Wedding Part 5: The Details

Hey ya'll! Don't you just love Saturday mornings?? I know, I do! A big cup of coffee, fresh baked cinnamon rolls, The Pioneer Woman on TV, hubs out running errands and I'm bloggin'! I'm posting all the details of our wedding today. Our colors were navy and apple green (my favorite color) and we had a preppy, modern feel to the decor.

 We chose the Golf Club of Oklahoma as our venue because it is just gorgeous! The hubs was happy because it's a golf course, but I was in heaven because I have a slight obsession with cape cod design. (There are a few in our neighborhood that I dream of living in) The wrap-around porch is amazing and I was sold the second we saw the clubhouse. It was the first and only venue we looked at!
I made these moss letters by hand while the hubs was at his bachelor party. I thought it'd be a quick and easy project, but it was awful and my fingers were so sore by the time I was finished (maybe 5-6 hours later). Live moss is rough! I even found a sticker in a piece I glued on, OUCH!!!
 Yes, my Mom and I made program fans. And yes, our Ceremony was moved indoors. Bummer! But weren't they cute? I was so excited to find Tara at TypeTen who was willing to design a program with our wedding monogram on it.
Heather, at RememberNovember did an awesome job on all our wedding signs. She even incorporated the navy and white stripe to match the ribbon I was using. 
 A special thank you to my Grandma for sticking all these water bottle labels on... 250 to be exact. And once again, meant for an outdoor wedding. Oh well, we are still drinking out of them today!
 Love, love, love this bar sign!
 Rene, at Mom and Me Events did such an amazing job on all our florals. I couldn't have been happier with the centerpieces. They were EXACTLY what I had envisioned and the inspiration for our green apple themed wedding.
 When we were cake tasting, I was a little disappointed that most bakeries only offered about 4 cake flavors. I wanted something different. When we found Ms Laura's Cakes in Okmulgee, I was blown away with how many flavors and fillings she offered. I'm pretty sure it was over 20!!! Not to mention her cakes are DELICIOUS. We chose key lime, cookies and creme and white with raspberry for our cake layers. 
 We got these adorable champagne flutes at our engagement from my MOH, Kim. I was so excited to get to use them on our wedding day and thought they were just perfect!
 Originally, we had planned to have a "house divided" cake. One half would be OSU and one half would be OU. (I thought it was only fair that I would get half the cake, why does the groom get his own cake??) Over time, I felt bad and changed it to only be OSU's swinging Pete. Michael actually came up to me at the wedding and said "Did you see the cake? I guess she messed up and only put OSU on it!" Nope, I changed it... SURPRISE!!! And the cake was even dyed orange!
 Josh's Sno Shack is a Tulsa staple. I grew up going to Josh's and I'm pretty sure most people at our wedding did too! We were so excited that they created a "Boomer Sooner" Bride's Mix and an "Orange Power" Groom's Mix! (Josh told me the Bride's Mix was a bigger hit ;))
If you live in the Tulsa area and haven't been to Premier Popcorn, you need to go!!! They have a bazillion different flavors of popcorn and it's so so good. It made a perfect favor for our wedding guests to take home with them for a late night snack.
 Marrying into a golfing family required golf ball favors. Especially since our wedding was at a golf club! A HUGE thank you to my father-in-law for getting these custom balls made with our wedding logo on them. I'm pretty sure these were a huge hit with the guys!
And finally, because I'm terrified of sparklers and needed a way to sneak more OU into our wedding, we used pom-pom's for our getaway. We had our guests "pick a side" and it was such a fun way to exit!

I loved the way all of our details and planning came together. It was the perfect mix of things to match our personalities and style.

Have an awesome Saturday!!!
Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment