Pages

March 10, 2015

St. Kitts & Nevis

Well hello there, my long-lost blog readers!
 
So to be honest, I haven't been very good at taking pictures lately so there just hasn't been anything to blog about... OOPS! Luckily, on our recent vacation to St. Kitts I had my Mom and a tour guide there to take pictures for me. Last week, me, Michael and my parents head off on a vacation to the Caribbean island, St. Kitts! It was the PERFECT time to be gone from Tulsa...we missed several days of snow and also the PERFECT time to be in St. Kitts as they had gorgeous weather all week.
 
We finally arrived after a couple delays (does anyone fly without delays anymore??) and headed straight to dinner at one of our favorite beach shacks, Mr. X's Shiggidy Shack, home of the double decker grilled cheese (my personal favorite). Had to start off the week with a cold Carib beer brewed in St. Kitts.
Like I said, the weather was awesome all week... Can you tell by this picture?
The first few days we spent relaxing and lounging on the beach. It was such a nice getaway to have 7 days off work! On Tuesday, we took a boat tour to a nearby island, Nevis, where all the celebs hang out. I'm still pretty sure I saw Wendy Williams, HA! It was seriously amazing and the water was crystal clear. We had tons of fun hanging out on the beach at the famous Sunshine's bar and of course had to have the famous "Killer Bee" drink.
It was our 6 month anniversary. I could definitely get used to this kind of celebration every 1/2 year :)
 They even had corn hole in Nevis!! Michael was really excited!
The boat that took us to Nevis had only one other couple on board, who we ended up hitting it off with. Their last name was also Miller and they got married exactly 1 year before us! CRAZY. We ended up going to dinner with them that night at an Indian restaurant... remind me in the future, I apparently don't like Indian food.
Thursday we took an awesome tour that included walking down the black rocks, hiking the rainforest, and snorkeling. Our tour guide took pictures for us so we were able to capture the day!
 An old cotton gin where our guide hung out as a kid
 We did many "smelling tests" to figure out what fruits were growing around the island
 Pretty black rocks with waves crashing in the background
Andddd a massive wave hit us and we all got soaked! We were cracking up and so caught off guard! 
 Bamboo forest
 Where the Caribbean meets the Atlantic Ocean (The Atlantic is the left side with all the big waves)
 That's me! Snorkeling without fears for once!
 
Starfish family picture

I'm SO glad we got to enjoy a little time in the islands. It's so interesting getting to see different cultures and learn new things while traveling! I would definitely recommend St. Kitts to anyone and would be happy to give some recommendations on places to go while there. They have some AMAZING restaurants (Gnocchi at Ciao! was seriously to.die.for).
 
Now the hubs are I are counting the days until our Mexico trip in September! Only 178 more days!
 
Here's to blogging more,
Brianna
 

1 comment: