Pages

December 30, 2014

2014 in Review

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! I have been totally absent from the blog recently with everything going on!! It's hard to believe it's almost 2015. This past year has been a crazy, exciting, happy, and hard year for the hubs and I. It was a VERY busy year! I decided it was absolutely necessary to document this past year in one post, so that we never forget how wonderfully awesome 2014 was for us.

On March 21st, 2014 we FINALLY got to move out of our tiny apartment into our brand new home. We started building in September 2013 and were unbelievably excited to finally have a home that we built together to start married life in.
We hosted our first family gathering in our new home in March right after we moved in.
In April, we celebrated Taylor's bachelorette party in Dallas.
And Hayden and I hosted a "Monograms and Mimosas" shower for Hailey.
In May, I was honored to be a bridesmaid in two weddings. It was a blast getting to see the weddings from the inside prior to my own and VERY helpful in my planning process!
We travelled just outside of San Antonio to celebrate Hailey and Ryan's wedding.
And stayed close to home in Tulsa celebrating Taylor and Nick's wedding which happened to be on the hub's birthday too! Double Whammy!
June was a jam packed month of fun. I was a bridesmaid in another wedding, started a new job at Cimarex Energy and celebrated my 25th birthday.
Stephanie's bachelorette party in Austin, TX was a blast!
Celebrating Stephanie and Matt's wedding in Oklahoma City.
Happy Birthday to ME!
In July, we were honored with our first TWO wedding showers. I cannot tell you how PERFECT they were. We will definitely cherish those memories forever.
Our very first bridal shower was hosted by Lee Ann, Kristin and Kaylin. They went above and beyond my wildest dreams.
Then we had our Stock the Bar party hosted by my friends Abbey, Hayden, Hailey and Emily.
Michael was SO happy to be included in this shower and it was amazing!
In August, I was honored with another bridal shower in Edmond, OK hosted by my Aunt Kim and cousin Halle. It was SO FUN to get to celebrate with family and friends.
Michael went to New Orleans for his bachelor party and managed to bring home ZERO pictures, except this one. BUT HE SURVIVED!
And I had the BEST TIME EVER in Las Vegas with my girlies to celebrate my Bachelorette party. A BIG thanks to my MOH, Kim for coordinating the greatest trip ever.
Oh, and my parents decided to move to their new home a week before our wedding... We weren't busy at all, hehe!
On September 6, 2014, Michael and I got married at the Golf Club of Oklahoma. It was rainy and the power went out, but it was still by far the BEST day of our lives. I would really love to do it again over and over. I will NEVER EVER forget how amazing that day was.
And then we honeymooned at an amazing resort in Mexico the week after. Gosh, I want to go back.
In October, we got Murphy Miller, a labradoodle that would change our lives forever. I'm pretty darn obsessed with him and I can't imagine life without him. He's a mess, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
We also survived our first major home renovation when our master shower had a leak.
In November, we got a little break from it all and spent time getting our house back in order and decorating for Christmas! We (the hubs) managed to get our house decked out in Christmas lights the weekend before Thanksgiving, even though a few tears and may have been shed by his terrified wife. We celebrated Thanksgiving in Tulsa, followed by a trip to Fort Worth.
December flew by with Christmas parties and celebrations. It was a great end to our year.
 
We are so thankful for 2014. It is a year that holds many many firsts for us and will be a year that we never forget. Next year, we are looking forward to celebrating more weddings, our first anniversary, vacationing in St. Kitts, and spending more time at home with our puppy. I cannot wait to see what unexpected surprises 2015 will hold. If it's anything like 2014, it will be another amazing year.
 
Goodbye 2014, Hello 2015!
Brianna
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. loved getting to spend 2014 with the MILLERS in our lives! what an exciting year it was for y'all!

    ReplyDelete