Pages

September 23, 2014

Hello, Blog World!


Welcome!

As many of you may know, I’ve recently tied the knot (!!!) and I also love reading blogs. I have talked to Michael (husband) about them for quite a while now. Sooo we decided it might be fun to blog our first year of marriage to look back on. (Side note: I have a terrible memory, so this is actually very necessary) Blogging will also help our family and friends who we don’t get to see as often stay in touch with our lives.
Michael and I recently returned from our honeymoon in Playa Mujeres, Mexico and let me tell you, it was FAB! We stayed at the Excellence Playa Mujeres, which I would HIGHLY recommend to anyone and everyone. It was such a short and easy flight from Tulsa; we were there by 3 PM. I honestly hate travelling… I love the VACATION part, but I HATE the travelling part and that is why Mexico being so close was great for us! The resort was beautiful and everyone there was so friendly. We met LOTS of other honeymooners, which was tons of fun. It was an all-inclusive, adult’s only resort, which meant we ATE like Kings and Queens. Surprisingly, the food was really good which I’m not sure if I’m happy about or not (I ate WAY TOO MUCH, ha!). Somehow between all that food, we managed to find time to snorkel, lounge at the beach and ferry over to Isla Mujeres (a small island across from our resort). But that’s enough about the trip; it’s time for some pictures! Enjoy!
 When we arrived we were greeted with Champs. Who doesn't love that! 
Our door was decorated with a honeymoon banner and we were SO excited to finally be there!
The hotel decorated our room for us...
And hinted that Michael should change his last name :)
We had the most awesome room with a rooftop pool and lounge beds
On Isla Mujeres most people travelled by golf cart, so we rented one for the day since Michael is an expert cart driver anyway.
We also found a great little lunch spot on the island called Mango Café. 
The beaches on the island were so pretty! It was a lot of fun to take the ferry over for the day.
The day after our Isla Mujeres trip was rainy, so we went to the spa. Michael was VERY hesitant but after our massage he was convinced why girls love the spa. We got to do an hour of hydrotherapy before too, which was really interesting, and maybe my favorite part.
 
We had mimosas every morning... They would even bring them to you on the beach! 
We met an adorable monkey named Morgan
Ate LOTS of delicious meals
 
 
 
Drank LOTS of extra delicious, calorie-filled beverages
And went on a speed boat and snorkel trip where they let us drive our own 2-person speed boat to the snorkel location.
 
 

We had the BEST time and were so thankful to go on a trip to relax after our wedding. We would LOVE to go back with friends...hint hint, so I hope my post persuades some of you.

XoXo,
Brianna

2 comments: