Pages

December 11, 2014

My Favorite Things 2014

I'm a big big big fan of Oprah's favorite things. Every year I seem to think I have to have at least one of the items off of her list. So if Oprah gets to put together a favorite things list, I should to, right? These are my absolute favorite things ever!

For those of us that paint our own nails often, a good top coat is the number 1 priority. I have used this one for years! It is FAST drying, super thick and allows my at-home mani's to be chip worthy for at least a week!
I've worn these since I was a freshman in college and they are seriously the best lounge pants. They are super warm (made of the same fleece as their jackets) and come in several colors.
This is my item off Oprah's list this year! And I already had it!! Wahoo for wedding gifts! They just came out with this new "palm" color, which just happens to be mine and Oprah's favorite! This pot is so pretty it stays out on our stove as decor, but it's the BEST POT EVER too.
This watch is the best piece of jewelry (besides my wedding ring) I've ever owned. I seriously wear it every single day and have had it for years. Yes, it's expensive, but I have gotten so much wear out of it that it's worth it. It's smaller in size and super simple which makes it perfect to wear with everything.
I've said it before, but I have awful feet that hurt in most shoes (especially heels!). These flats have been a life saver over the past few years. The Reva style doesn't fit my foot, but these Caroline's feel like slippers. Pretty and comfortable = WIN WIN! 
I've had a similar pair of these bad boys since college and have been wearing them every fall and winter ever since. I'm lucky enough that my Mom has the black pair and I have the brown so I'm able to wear them with almost any outfit! Super great quality and classic style to last for years to come.
So far in 2014, this book has been my absolute favorite. Closely followed by Gone Girl, but I know most of you have already read or seen that in movie theatres. I'm usually into the "chick lit" books, but this one is a great attention-grabbing, can't put down book!
So maybe I had a really crappy vacuum before, but this baby does work! It's super light, rotates like a Dyson, and is much more affordable. We also got this as a wedding gift and LOVE it! It works great on our carpet, wood and tile. Paired with the Shark steam mop our floors are SO clean!
This is my favorite recipe I've discovered this year. Yes, it's totally unhealthy and has heavy cream in it, but it is SO freakin' good! I've made it about 3 times in the past month, oops... It's not very expensive to make and both the hubs and I LOVE it. One pot lasts for 2 days. Recipe tip: use an immersion blender (if you have one) instead of a regular blender.
I'm all about easy work outfits and this sweater, my friends, is just that. It's SO versatile. I have it in about 10 colors and throw it on for the easiest outfit ever. You can jazz it up with an awesome necklace or wear it with jeans and a scarf outside of work. Buy it on the Factory site for the same style and quality at a lot lower price!
 
What are your favorite things of 2014? I'd love to know!
Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment